Pacific Islands Climate Outlook Forum (PICOF) - 13
- To analyse the various seasonal climate and ocean data, forecast guidance for the Pacific region considering the accuracy, utility, weaknesses and strengths;
- Develop a consensus climate, ocean and tropical cyclone outlooks for the Pacific Island region;
- To discuss how NMHSs make the regional climate and ocean outlooks nationally relevant, identification of impacts, implications, risks including the formulation of response strategies; and
- To develop effective communication strategies, media versions of the outlooks which involves media experts.
- Regional statement (2022/23) and outlooks (2023/24) on climate, ocean and tropical cyclones developed including impact and risk information; and
- Media version of the regional statement developed and disseminated in different platforms.