Agenda 28: Donors and Partners Round table Meeting
The Detail Agenda for the Donor Round table meeting can be downloaded from here.
Thursday, 17 August 2017 8:30AM-3:00PM
The first Pacific Meteorological Council’s Donors and Partners Roundtable will focus on support to meteorology and hydrology in the region and will be held on Thursday, 17 August 2017 from 8:30AM to 3:00PM at the Forum Fishery Agency (FFA) Conference Facility in Honiara, Solomon Islands. This is part of the 4th Pacific Meteorological Council Meeting Agenda.
The session will begin with presentations to set the scene and provide an overview of the important projects underway in the region. These presentations will highlight the essential role of National Meteorological and Hydrological Services (NMHSs) to national sustainable development and the key priorities for the region as outlined in the revised Pacific Island Meteorological Strategy (PIMS) 2017-2026 and the Pacific Roadmap for Strengthened Climate Services (PRSCS) 2017-2026. They will also highlight needs and gaps in capacity, resources and funding. These presentations will be followed by interactive sessions between NMHSs and donors and partners.
Build upon the overall objective of the PMC-4, this session will hope to;
- Provide an opportunity for NMHSs, donors and partners to discuss programs and their support for the continued development of weather and climate resilient of Pacific communities.
- Discuss strategic way forward for sustainable weather, climate, hydrology, and ocean services, in the context of the PIMS, and the PRSCS and resources mobilization during the PMC and the donors and partners roundtable meeting
The session will contribute to the following outcomes of the PMC-4:
- Awareness of the shared progress and issues addressed since PMC-3 and PMMM-1 and review the NMHSs priorities in the region;
- Strengthened partnership and networking between NMHSs, donors, development partners, CROP organisations, collaborating organisations and institutions;
- Increased awareness of potential direct access to financial resources accessible to the Pacific Island Countries and Territories (PICTs) for development and advancement of weather, climate, hydrology and ocean services; and
- Increase awareness of the value NMHSs and their importance in sustainable and resilient development.
The outcomes and recommendations of the Agenda 28-Donors and Partners Roundtable will be reflected in the overall PMC-4 outcomes which will be presented to the Ministerial meeting on Friday, 18 August 2017.
The Roundtable discussions are designed to be very interactive and will involve; presentations, panel and group discussions, speed dating and information sharing through the use of message boards and posters.